This policy provides information on the collection, use, transmission and protection of your personal data. Any changes to this policy will be posted on our site.
- Collecting personal data
We collect personal data when:
- You are a subscriber to the services offered by Personal Security.
- You ask us for information about a product or a service, or you contact us for questions or complaints.
- You sign-up for our newsletter services.
- You visit our website (please refer to our Cookies Policy).
The information we collect from you depends on the Personal Security services that you have subscribed for. The information we collect from you includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- Name, postal address, telephone and e-mail address.
- The communication between us, such as the recording of a call, to and from our call-center, an e-mail or a written letter.
- Information about your account (such as payment dates, subscription to the services you use, or any other information associated with a customer account).
- Your preferences for specific services or products, provided you that you let us know about them.
In addition, we collect information about how you use our services and products, such as:
- The telephone number of third parties you have declared for emergencies and which our company uses solely for this purpose.
- Processing personal data
We process your personal data for different purposes, such as:
- To provide you with our products and services.
- For services and products invoicing purposes.
- To provide you with information on the progress of your subscription requests.
- To inform you about our new services and products (unless you do not wish to receive promotional messages).
- To answer your questions or concerns about the use of our products or services.
In case you visit our Company’s facilities, we collect CCTV data for security and prevention of malicious actions.
We will store your data for as long as required by the relevant legislation. We will delete your data as soon as the purpose for processing has ceased to exist. However, we will keep certain personal data for a reasonable (short) period after our cooperation has been resolved for a possible service re-activation purpose. We may contact you within this reasonable time to inform you about Personal Security services, unless you do not wish to receive information about our promotions.
- Sharing personal data
We may transmit your personal data towards:
- Judicial or police authorities, where we need to provide information when they are legally mandated to do so, to protect against fraud, to protect our clients, or to defend our rights.
- Emergency Services (Police – Fire Brigade – EKAB), or third parties that you have declared for your protection.
- Associate professional-private installers that you have chosen for technical support (installation, maintenance, etc.) of the system installed in your premises.
- Securing personal data
Personal Security continually improves technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized use, accidental loss, dissemination or destruction.
In cases where an organization, a company or a business partner-private individual provides us (or on our behalf) with services for which processing of personal data is required, we ensure that the appropriate protection measures (technical and organizational) are applied, and the data are processed only on the basis of instructions and directions from Personal Security and only for the purposes we have designated. If necessary, we perform appropriate audits to ensure that the above partners comply with the criteria we have set.
- Your rights
You may contact us to inform you about your personal data retained by us and the way of processing, or to receive a copy of your personal data.
If you think that your personal data are incomplete or inaccurate, please contact us to proceed with the appropriate rectification.
You may request the deletion of your personal data, if you believe that there is no legitimate reason to continue processing it.
You may object to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation. If you file such a relevant request to us, we will no longer process your personal data, unless we demonstrate compelling and legitimate grounds for the processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms, or for the establishment, exercise or support of legal claims.
You also have the right to oppose to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes or you may choose to oppose to certain ways of communication, i.e., e-mail, phone, etc. If you don’t wish to receive e-mail for marketing purposes, you can unsubscribe from our list.
You may request a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transmit those data to another controller.
- Contact info
In order to exercise any of your rights or if you have any other questions regarding the process of your personal data by us, you may contact us:
Tel.: +30 210 8068675,
Postal address: Mesogeion Str 99, Maroussi, Athens, GR, T.K. 151 26, Attn. Data
Protection Officer (DPO).
Personal Security is committed to responding to your requests within one month of submission. If it is not possible for us to satisfy your request within one month, we will inform you about the reasons for the delay.
- Right to submit a complaint
If you have exercised some or all of your rights regarding data protection and you still feel that your concerns about the way we process your personal data have not been duly addressed, you have the right to submit a complaint. You also have the right to submit a complaint to the Hellenic Data Protection Authority, Kifissias Avenue 1-3, Τ.Κ. 115 23, Athens, GR. On the relevant website you will find information on how to submit complaints (http://www.dpa.gr).
We may change or modify this Policy from time to time and we will accordingly change the review date at the end of this Policy. We recommend, however, that you re-examine this Policy periodically so that you are always aware of the way we process and protect your personal data.
Note: This Policy was reviewed on June 1st, 2018.